19 December 2009

I love Christmas - Part 2 - Knitted Nativity

This feat of magnificence was knitted by my mum. I'm a very basic straight scarf knitter and this knittery is waaaay beyond my skills. My mum's crafty expertise is in knitting, crochet and quilting. She's an insane crafter like the rest of us and always has a project on the go. I love the detail in all the characters. She did a great job. My dad got involved in this crafty project and soldered the shepherd's staffs and painted them in the appropriate brown. Nice one mum and dad!!

2 comments:

Amy C said...

wow what a totally creative family, your Mum rocks.

Snippety Gibbet said...

You Mom knitted those???????? Wow. That's impressive. Of course, I am impressed that you are a straight scarf knitter. I hope to advance that far someday. jan