30 May 2010
Project Daybed- Finished!
Project Daybed got up and running a couple of weeks ago when the cold weather set in and we decided to take advantage of the one and only spot in our house that has sun throughout winter, our courtyard. Big plans were made and trips to the antique shops ensued. When nothing eventuated, voila - a plan was hatched. Miss Seven had a trundle bed she wasn't using so I used that as a base to make the daybed. The first thing I did was to put six wooden legs on the trundle. I then constructed the arms out of wood I had found on the side of the road, a couple of council pickups ago and cut these into a lovely curve that is just perfect for resting your head with a pillow underneath. We bought a long plank of wood for the back which I drew a design into and then cut it out using my handy dandy jigsaw. We then painted it a mexicana blue colour and we all love it. I think the first warm bodies on it included Jessie, the dog and Jobson, the cat. More cushions to come on the bed - stay tuned. The queenie stamp is my latest in my range of pillows.