03 June 2008

Night Swinging

Here is the linocut I did of the chair-o-planes. I was in a world of pain after I finished this one. I sustained quite a few cuts to fingers and hands. I'm a bit of a manic cutter as I want it finished as quick as I can. Not because I get sick of cutting I just can't wait to see the finished print. When finished I went to Bunnings (hardware store) to look for some wood pieces to do my linocuts on and whilst there I went looking for that particular blue, that is a night sky. I looked for the darkest blue they had in the sample pots and British Paints had the perfect shade bizarrely named, 'Night Flyer'. How weird is that! So I bought and yes it is the perfect shade.


14 comments:

Inklore said...

Those turned out so beautifully. I love that blue!

leslie said...

that looks great! what painstaking work, all worth it though in the end : )

Snippety Gibbet said...

I still love that chair o plane on the blue.....

mizu designs said...

absolutely stunning prints! do you print on wood?

Nanette said...

I love it! No wonder you were in pain. The blue is killing me.

Diana said...

Thanks guys for the comments. Mizu, I have been trialing printing on 7mm plywood and mdf. I like the look of the woodgrain with the linocut. It is also a cheap alternative to framing as the wood is thick enough to either have a hook attached to the back or just lean it against a wall. I have mine on the top shelf of my bookcase.

ckillin said...

totally love the printing on to wood. and such a stunning print. have only ever printed onto fabric or paper .. what is wrong with me? and i work with wood quite a lot, forever building my own "stuff". this image looks superb on this medium ... love it. must try it.

kitty stitch said...

these look great, just popped over to your shop too and you have a lovely collection in there! well done : )

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana, thanks for visiting my blog! So excited I have now discovered yours! Can't wait to visit your shop! Shae xo
www.thebutterflycollector.typepad.com

/// said...

What a BEAUTIFUL piece, Diana! :)

hellokilljoy said...

Ouch! I have a "no talking" rule when we cut lino's in class. Never works!
Your print looks great. the swinging chairs are my favourite fairground ride

Bianca said...

I'm glad I found your blog, your work is beautiful!

Unknown said...

those are absolutely amazing. wow!!! I think that colour was made for them especially!

I got your email! Yes please - come and play! :) (got fingers and toes crossed you will)

Amy C said...

Night Flyer - I love when things happen like that. It looks fabulous