01 January 2009

Taking on Martha

Christmas Day was fabulous and exhausting with a gathering of 23 people! Although trying to stick to my theme, you know tasteful, my Dad had other ideas and strung up electric blue flashing lights up one branch and some hideous baubles up the beautiful liquid amber tree. Gritting my teeth and only just avoiding pushing him off the ladder, I ignored these very festive decorations. It was a beautiful warm night and we surrounded ourselves with a perimeter of mozzie lights which thankfully kept the mozzies away. Our overseas guests enjoyed themselves throughly and we all went home exhausted after swimming races, tennis matches, possum spotting, night star watching and a singstar sing off. I can't believe how hard it is to sing, Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. What about you, what did you guys get up to?

1 comment:

Snippety Gibbet said...

I'm envious. What a lovely gathering. I spent my New Year's Eve on a 4.5 hour flight across the US. Yuck.