19 July 2009

It's Cold - I'm dreaming in Colour

It's a little chilly here and to keep warm I've been dreaming in full colour. Does anyone else do this? Lately I've been dreaming of different colour combinations. As a kid I had this book called 'Toby's Tree' and it had the most fantastic colours. The story revolved around a tree that grew in the middle of the house and through the roof. The tree produced purple fruit. I loved the 70's pinky purple and orange combinations. This illustration is actually going to be turned into a textile collage. I've already sewn the background with balloons in different materials complete with grassy knoll.

2 comments:

Hena Tayeb said...

cute illustration, never thought of color as something to help keep me warm, i like the way you think

Amy C said...

so pretty, I love color