12 March 2010

Postage Stamp Colour Play

How cool would it be to design stamps? In my books - the coolest. I was an avid stamp collector as a kid and used to pore over all the little details of the stamp. I loved all the overseas stamps with their different money symbols. I wished I'd kept up with collecting, but alas the barbie took their place. I designed this group of stamps with screenprinting in mind. Oh, the excitement. I'm off to do my screenprinting course this weekend. I thought I'd go a bit nuts with colour on these and had a great time experimenting. I'll show and tell on Monday all about my adventures doing photo emulsion screenprinting.

3 comments:

Amy C said...

love em they are gorgeous and YES it would be super awesome to be a stamp designer.
Cant wait to hear about your screen printing, I have a little kit I have been meaning to use for ages.

Snippety Gibbet said...

Screenprinting? I'm envious. I took a semester of printmaking in college but never felt I did that great of a job with it. I'd love to give it a whirl again. jan

Elke said...

Hi Diana,

We met in the screen printing workshop. Wow! you are so talented and creative :)